Sunday 5 May 2013

Kilkenny Roots Festival Fashion - Day One

From the 2nd - 4th May, I attended the Kilkenny Rhythm and Roots Festival with my lovely friends Alex, Marie and Aidan.
As it was my first time out in this cute city, relaxed yet cool outfits were a must for this chilled event.

On our first night we hit up Cleeres pub to see the Missouri band 'Ha Ha Tonka' in a free gig. Being packed in like sardines couldn't even rain on our parade as their music was catchy yet soulful and fun! I wore my River Island pale pink dress with little zebras patterned on it over grey leggings with boots (provided by the generous Alex) and a multi-coloured cardigan for the chilly night air.





In keeping with the quirky nature of this music event, I decided to go a bit dip-dye-style on my locks, colouring the ends of my hair with purple and scruffing it up with texture spray. The overall look worked well and it was perfect for a laid-back night in the pub with some great tunes and people. Chatting to the band afterwards and being invited to their sold-out gig the next night was indeed a brilliant end to a wonderful night...however, it was just the opening gig and we had many more adventures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment